NAME: Giuseppe Joe Mascia
WHERE DO YOU CURRENTLY LIVE: Clarkson
CAREER: Chef of The Clarkson Pump. Co-Owner of the Pumps and Pappa Giuseppe Restaurant Chains GREATEST ACHIEVEMENTS: Building a great team at all restaurant locations
- I Still think I AM A MUSICIAN at times (past career)
- FEATURED IN THE LCBO for my Pear & Blue Cheese Flat Bread recipe
- Opened Clarkson Pump 28 YEARS AGO
- Charity events include Victims of Peel where I WON THE CHEF’S CHALLENGE
- I SERVE PIZZA WITH SCISSORS because that was the way it was served at home growing up.
- I love working the PATIO GRILL
1. WHAT BRINGS YOU JOY OR SATISFACTION?
I love seeing smiling faces in the restaurants. Smiling faces means happy customers.
2. WHAT IS THE BEST ADVICE YOU HAVE BEEN GIVEN?
The best advice I was given is to never compromise quality and service. It’s all about making people happy with excellence.
3. IF YOU COULD POSSESS ANY SUPER-HUMAN POWER, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
The super-human power I would like is to be able to transpond from one location to another instantly.
4. WHAT DOES THE WORD COMMUNITY MEAN TO YOU?
The feeling of Community is the same feeling I have about Family. Community is like a part of your extended family.
5. WHAT IS ONE THING THAT VERY FEW PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT YOU?
One thing very few people know about be is that I have a Degree in Music, Psychology and Pre-Law.
6. WHO OR WHAT INSPIRES YOU?
My employees inspire me daily.
7. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE MOVIE OF ALL TIME?
My favourite Movie is Where The Red Fern Grows .
8. WHAT MAKES YOU LAUGH?
I really enjoy just everyday socializing with staff and patrons and listening to their stories. You learn a lot about people and that make me happy.
9. WHAT’S YOUR FAVOURITE VACATION SPOT?
My favourite vacation spot is going to the Cottage and fishing.
10. IF THE WHOLE COMMUNITY WAS LISTENING, WHAT WOULD YOU SAY TO THEM?
Let’s always work together in supporting our local charities and services.