NAME: Bryan Sherry
BIRTHPLACE: Hamilton, Ontario
WHERE DO YOU CURRENTLY LIVE: Toronto
CAREER: Owner/Operator of GLORIA Espresso Bar & Café (478 Roncesvalles)
GREATEST ACHIEVEMENTS: Opening my café. Quitting smoking.
FAMILY/PETS: Married, 4 yr old son, 2 yr old daughter. No pets until the kids move out.
1. WHAT BRINGS YOU THE GREATEST JOY OR SATISFACTION?
Definitely my family and friends. Having a job that allows me to have great conversations every day with our customers and suppliers gives me great joy. Working hard with my dedicated staff, day in and day out!
2. WHAT IS THE BEST ADVICE YOU’VE BEEN GIVEN?
3. IF YOU COULD POSSESS ONE SUPER-HUMAN POWER, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
The ability to control the weather. I can always use more sunshine.
4. WHAT DOES THE WORD COMMUNITY MEAN TO YOU?
Considerate, inclusive and supportive. As a business owner, it means giving back as much as possible to the neighbourhood that helps you stick around.
5. WHAT IS ONE THING THAT VERY FEW PEOPLE WOULD KNOW ABOUT YOU?
For a guy who owns a coffee shop and always has something to say, I’m actually kind of shy.
6. WHO OR WHAT INSPIRES YOU?
My wife. I’ve never met anyone like her. She has a great moral compass.
7. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE MOVIE OF ALL TIME?
Impossible to answer.
8. WHAT MAKES YOU LAUGH?
I like a good Blooper Reel, Kiss Cams at sporting events, bad/ long speeches at any type of event and cheesy corporate video training modules.
9. WHAT’S YOUR FAVOURITE VACATION SPOT?
New York City.
10. IF THE WHOLE COMMUNITY WERE LISTENING, WHAT WOULD YOU SAY TO THEM?
Get involved if you can and especially if you care. Any small contribution helps.
TELL US A BIT MORE ABOUT YOURSELF!
- I appreciate a really great story.
- I judge a good actor by the way they eat on camera.
- I support all Toronto sports teams but can’t help being a Yankees and a Tiger Cats fan.
- I really do love music but I can’t play any instruments.
- I have recently joined the Roncesvalles BIA and was the Director of Operations for this year’s Roncy Rocks Festival which took place on June 17, 2017.