WHO ARE YOU?
NAME: Dawn Austin
WHERE DO YOU LIVE: Burlington
CAREER: Spiritual Healer and Coach
TELL US ABOUT YOUR FAMILY AND PETS: I have a son and daughter, as well as a cat named Carlos.
WHAT WOULD YOU SAY IF THE WHOLE COMMUNITY WERE LISTENING?
We are always lead to be at the right place, at the right time. When we become present, we become aware of signs that lead us where to go. Everything that happens in our life is for a reason.
WHO OR WHAT INSPIRES YOU?
I’d have to say two people! My father inspired me to always be of service and to encourage and inspire others. While Oprah inspired me with her community involvement, soul Sundays, and passion.
WHAT WOULD YOU DEEM YOUR GREATEST ACHIEVEMENT?
My greatest achievement is helping an individual overcome grief over losing a child.
IF YOU COULD POSSESS ONE SUPER-HUMAN POWER, WHAT WOULD IT BE AND WHY?
I would love to heal illness of the world. We all do have the ability to create positive changes in our world!
WHAT DOES THE WORD COMMUNITY MEAN TO YOU?
Community means a group of people coming together to have positive influence on others.
WHAT IS ONE THING THAT VERY FEW PEOPLE WOULD KNOW ABOUT YOU?
I do not like snakes at all. I am very intuitive which I use in business and personal life.
WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE MOVIE OF ALL TIME?
I have three, which are The Sound of Music, Wizard of Oz and Born Free.
WHAT’S YOUR FAVOURITE VACATION SPOT?
I have a passion for travel. I have travelled to most US States, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Mexico and most of the Caribbean. My favourite spots are the Islands of Hawaii. I loved the culture, history and the people who are very genuine.
WHAT BRINGS YOU THE GREATEST JOY OR SATISFACTION?
I love to coach and motivate people and bring balance into their lives. As a Reiki Master, I have witnessed numerous improvements in people’s emotional and physical health. I live an enriched life!
WHAT IS THE BEST ADVICE YOU’VE EVER BEEN GIVEN?
Always treat people the way you want to be treated. Always walk your talk.
WHAT ARE SOME FUN FACTS ABOUT YOU?
- I love to sail. I achieved my Captain’s certificate in St. Marten. I assisted with building a 24’ sailboat in our family home when I was a teenager.
- I love cars, especially antique sports cars.
- Everyone tells me that I have a great smile. I love to give hugs.
- I love all animals especially owls and birds, but not snakes.
- I am adventurous. I love trying new things and going new places.
- I have always been attracted to rocks and crystals all my life.
- My favourite Charity is the Compassion Society of Halton. They provide emergency food and clothing to numerous families within Halton.
- My first job was as a cashier at Towers Department Store. This lead me to being the first female accountant in management at Caterpillar of Canada LTD