WHO ARE YOU?
NAME: Maria de Fátima Esteves
BIRTHPLACE: Almada, Portugal
WHERE DO YOU LIVE: Mississauga
TELL US ABOUT YOUR FAMILY:
I have an amazing husband and a wonderful daughter.
WHAT ARE YOUR GREATEST ACHIEVEMENTS?
My greatest achievements include motherhood, founding and heading the Breakfast with Santa Foundation & the cookbook that I wrote.
WHO OR WHAT INSPIRES YOU?
Random acts of kindness inspire me.
WHAT BRINGS YOU THE GREATEST JOY OR SATISFACTION?
Spending time with my husband and daughter brings me so much joy. Chosen family from the heart, good friends, making wishes come true at Christmas time and writing brings me satisfaction.
WHAT IS THE BEST ADVICE YOU’VE BEEN GIVEN?
The best advice I have been given is “never hold anger, for it will hold you.”
WHAT DOES THE WORD COMMUNITY MEAN TO YOU?
To me, the word community is the people who make up the mosaic of the city I live in.
WHAT’S YOUR FAVOURITE VACATION SPOT?
My favourite vacation spot is Switzerland.
WHAT ARE SOME FUN FACTS ABOUT YOU?
– My first job was ironing for 50 cents an hour
– I love to design and make dolls clothes
– I decorate my house for every season
– I’ve received several awards for my work in the communities I’ve lived in
– I held the post of Community Liaison for the Riding Association of a Federal Cabinet Minister
– I managed all the volunteers (150 of them) who participated and arrived from all over Canada to attend a major Federal Political Convention over 3 days.
– I can’t sing if my life depended on it!
– I have a project that got Disney’s attention
– I’m a country girl at heart and love nature.
– I believe in U.F.O’s.
IF YOU COULD POSSESS ONE SUPER-HUMAN POWER, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
I would love to possess the power of healing.
WHAT IS YOUR ALL TIME FAVOURITE MOVIE?
My favourite movies are Little Women (the version with Elizabeth Taylor) and White Christmas.
WHAT MAKES YOU LAUGH?
My daughter’s contagious laughter, my husband’ silly jokes no one laughs at but I find so silly it’s funny, a good joke, the pranks I play on my friends and the frankness of children.
IF THE WHOLE COMMUNITY WERE LISTENING, WHAT WOULD YOU SAY TO THEM?
Thank you for allowing me to dream and fulfill my purpose in life.