WHO ARE YOU?
NAME: Angelo Posteraro
WHERE DO YOU LIVE: Milton
CAREER: Founder & Director of Sales at Milton Orthotic & Wellness Centre
TELL US ABOUT YOUR FAMILY:
I have been married to Enza for 24 years and we have 2 boys Crosby & Stanley who are 7 and 5 years old.
WHAT MAKES YOU LAUGH?
Almost anything. A day without laughter is a day wasted.
WHAT DOES THE WORD COMMUNITY MEAN TO YOU?
Band together! We can achieve anything together. This is our home and we take it very seriously. We want a safe, fun and vibrant community.
WHAT IS ONE THING THAT VERY FEW PEOPLE WOULD KNOW ABOUT YOU?
I come from the corporate world. I have a University degree in Computer Science. I hit a wall and left my job of 15 years. I left behind a great paying job and pension for the pursuit of happiness. I partnered up with a friend and fellow clinician, opened Milton Orthotic & Wellness Centre and the world of entrepreneurship began. You can’t buy happiness or your health. Be happy whatever it is you decide to do and remember it’s never too late. I left my job at a young age of 42 years old. Today my mind is that of a 19 year old and my body is of a 51 year old. Young at heart!
WHO OR WHAT INSPIRES YOU?
Ries Boers, a fellow Miltonian business owner and philanthropist inspires me.
WHAT BRINGS YOU THE GREATEST JOY OR SATISFACTION?
Giving Back! There is no greater feeling than giving back and expecting nothing in return.
WHAT ARE SOME FUN FACTS ABOUT YOU?
– I have been married to Enza for 24 years. Her support is the reason for my success in our business and volunteer life.
– We moved to Milton about ten years ago. Our business is in Milton where we also live.
– I currently sit on the board for ROCK (Kid’s Mental Health) and the Italian Canadian Club of Milton (Past President).
WHAT ARE YOUR GREATEST ACHIEVEMENTS?
– 2017 Milton Chamber – Business Person Of The Year
– 2014 Joyce Hagevik Volunteer Of The Year – Milton Chamber Of Commerce
– 2014 Paul Harris Fellow Rotary Milton Award
– 2012 Scotiabank Regional Game Changer
– Game On! Outdoor Ball Hockey Tournament Supporting Kid’s Mental Health (2013 – present). We have raised just under $70,000 in a short 5 years and are still going strong.
– Journey For Jacob (Childhood Cancer), we raised over $18, 000 at The Italian Canadian Club Of Milton
– The Deck Youth Centre raised over $4000 with “My Weightloss Journey” where I lost 65 Pounds
WHAT IS THE BEST ADVICE YOU’VE BEEN GIVEN?
Don’t be afraid to make mistakes as long as you learn from them. A successful person is someone that has made a lot of good decisions because of their bad decisions.
IF YOU COULD POSSESS ONE SUPER-HUMAN POWER, WHAT WOULD IT BE AND WHY?
To cure people from sickness especially childhood cancer.
WHAT IS YOUR ALL TIME FAVOURITE MOVIE?
My favourite movie is Rudy.
WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE VACATION SPOT?
Arizona is my favourite place to vacation.
IF THE WHOLE COMMUNITY WERE LISTENING, WHAT WOULD YOU SAY TO THEM?
Giving back is as natural as breathing. If you can inspire a young person to do the same you have now inspired an entire generation. That’s exciting and we could all help make this world a better place.