WHO ARE YOU?
NAME: Pat Grisoni
BIRTHPLACE: Hammersmith, England
NICKNAME: Doll Face & Auntie Pat
WHERE DO YOU LIVE: Milton
CAREER: Business Owner – Graphic Artist / Memory Book Specialist allowing me to help others preserve their memories through their photos, which I do artistically while helping them tell their story.
TELL US ABOUT YOUR FAMILY AND PETS: My husband Robert of 27 yrs is the love of my life,and our talented daughter Savannah performed with the cast of Les Miserable in Toronto last December. Then there’s our sweet dog Oreo.
WHAT WOULD YOU SAY IF THE WHOLE COMMUNITY WERE LISTENING?
We all must continue to encourage others to become involved in every aspect of our great town. Whether it’s in schools, hospital, sports groups and more. There’s a saying, “It takes a village to achieve a great deal of success.” Remember, we are together as one. Let’s make a difference and continue to inspire everyone.
WHO OR WHAT INSPIRES YOU AND WHY?
My Daddy & Uncle Warren, who are two very humble men. Daddy is an architect who was chosen to design what is called the “Independent Arch” in Barbados, which is historic due to the first Prime Minister, Errol Barrow. Uncle Warren is a Historian and Author of several books. One book comes to mind, “Caribbean Pirates” that actually inspired “Pirates of The Caribbean” that was published by MacMillan Publishing. These men taught me that dreams are not impossible, as long as you believe.
WHAT WOULD YOU DEEM YOUR GREATEST ACHIEVEMENT?
Giving birth to my daughter Savannah, as it took myself and my husband 10 years of difficulty before her epic arrival. Sav is our miracle baby. I’m also very proud of being able to help and assist children successfully with their academics. Seeing the joy and pride in their faces towards their successes makes volunteering worthwhile. It melts my heart with pride.
WHAT ARE SOME FUN FACTS ABOUT YOU?
• I was a Model back in the day as well as I did several Television Commercials. I was in over 40 Commercials in Barbados
• I was the Vice President of the Royal Commonwealth Society for the Junior division where I had the honour and privilege in meeting Your Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
• I’m also very athletic and participated in a large number of sports in my youth. I was very close in representing Barbados in Track N Field 800m for the CARICOM Games. Having this type of experience, inspired me in coaching youth voluntarily in two of the Halton Catholic Elementary Schools that is very close to my heart. I’ve been blessed in continuing this journey as School Council Chair at Bishop Reding working with an incredible group of people who are more like family.
• I’m also involved in the Arts. Love directing, designing props, choreograph, writing and so much more.
• Coldest Night of the Year is something that I am extremely passionate about, knowing the funds being raised is helping others who are in dire need.
• Received CPIC Nomination Certificate of Acknowledgement for Community Volunteering
• I’m in the Church Choir at Holy Rosary Parish where I’m not only a singer but play the tambourine too.
• My first job was teaching children in a private school in Barbados.
IF YOU COULD POSSESS ONE SUPER-HUMAN POWER, WHAT WOULD IT BE AND WHY?
I wished I had super-human powers that would allow me to be at several places at the same time helping others without feeling like I’m letting anyone down. I always want to make others happy with beautiful smiles.
WHAT DOES THE WORD COMMUNITY MEAN TO YOU?
Community means to me, encouraging everyone to work together in a supportive and positive way, while lifting each other up. Making our town an incredible place for family and friends, especially for the children who are our future.
WHAT IS ONE THING THAT VERY FEW PEOPLE WOULD KNOW ABOUT YOU?
That I was the very First Sunshine Girl in Barbados on June, 3rd, 1979 in the Nation’s Sunday Sun Newspaper. When it was the thirtieth anniversary, I was asked to do another photo shoot to celebrate this milestone.
WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE MOVIE OF ALL TIME AND WHY?
My favourite movie of all time is “Hairspray.” I love how uplifting this movie is and what it represents. Showing us that it doesn’t matter who we are, that despite the differences, we could love one another without judgement and could be united positively. It’s truly a powerful movie with an incredible message.
WHAT MAKES YOU LAUGH?
My hubby Rob and daughter Savannah. When these two team up, the jokes are flying off the charts! Let’s just say have a box of tissues on standby!
WHAT’S YOUR FAVOURITE VACATION SPOT?
Without hesitation, Barbados! It’s the Isle of paradise! As a matter of fact my daughter Savannah and I were there in the summer.
WHAT BRINGS YOU THE GREATEST JOY OR SATISFACTION?
Being able to inspire all children to reach for the stars, fulfilling their dreams and aspirations. Seeing the joy in each of these wonderful children’s faces achieving success, is truly heartwarming to me.
WHAT IS THE BEST ADVICE YOU’VE EVER BEEN GIVEN?
Perseverance seldom fails and always believe in yourself and you will achieve great success.